Nepali Times
BIZ BRIEF
Powerful partnership


A consortium of 11 financial institutions, led by Laxmi Bank, signed an agreement with Sanima Mai Hydropower to finance the 15.6MW Mai River Hydropower Project in Ilam. The lenders have committed to finance 75 per cent of the project cost with the remaining 25 per cent being invested by the promoters. The hydropower project is expected to come into operation by early 2014.

Walk for a cause
Standard Chartered Bank organised Walkathon 2010 A Walk for a Brighter Tomorrow. The funds raised from the event went to the Bank's 'Seeing is Believing' initiative, which works to encourage visually challenged people.

Spa award
Himalayan Healers was designated the Socially Responsible Spa of the Year for 2010 at the annual Asia Spa Awards. Himalayan Healers was the only spa representing Nepal and was one of 28 winners out of more than 300 nominees from all over Asia.

High entertainment
Hometv, a DTH service, has extended its network to Kyangzin Gomba in Langtang National Park. The monastery is located at 4,000 metres above sea level, making it the highest point at which any DTH service has been installed.

Regional entry
Commerz and Trust Bank has received a D&B D-U-N-S number from the international credit rating agency Dun & Bradstreet South Asia. The bank will now be a part of Dun & Bradstreet's global database system.

Home designed
Chain Holdings inaugurated its bicycle showroom at Bhanimandal, Lalitpur. Chain's bicycles are the first Nepali-designed bicycles to hit the market. Chain Holdings will also provide cycling training and maintenance services and organise programs to promote the benefits of cycling.

Two openings
Samsung has opened new exclusive outlets at Kumaripati and in Civil Mall, Sundhara. The brand also has a showroom in Darbar Marg. The products on display include Samsung's latest range of 3D, LED and LCD televisions, cameras, refrigerators, music systems, and other electronic appliances.



LATEST ISSUE
638
(11 JAN 2013 - 17 JAN 2013)


ADVERTISEMENT



himalkhabar.com            

NEPALI TIMES IS A PUBLICATION OF HIMALMEDIA PRIVATE LIMITED | ABOUT US | ADVERTISE | SUBSCRIPTION | PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS OF USE | CONTACT