Why are you in the media trying so hard to promote Sher Bahadur Deuba? Here are five reasons why you shouldn't:
1. He introduced the 'Pajero culture'.
2. He pushed the Maoists away from parliament and into the jungle.
3. He sent honourable members of parliament to Bangkok for R&R.
4. He hasn't kept a single promise, but he keeps making them.
5. He is an American lackey.
Deuba was declared incompetent by the king because he did not succeed in solving the issue of Maoist terrorism through talks with his benefactor, Comrade Prachanda. He failed to crush the Maoists even with help from his brother-in-law and he disobeyed his party leaders Massive military purchases of Belgian guns and Russian helicopters took place during his tenure, and these are scandals much bigger than Lauda and China Southwest put together. Then he dissolved parliament, but couldn't announce new polls. Deuba tried to gain political mileage from a staged assassination attempt, and while lounging comfortably in a nearby barracks he kept complaining that the government wasn't "rescuing" him by helicopter. Reinstating this man will tarnish the reputation of king and country. Why not just make him ambassador to Washington?
Ram Narayan Thakur,
Nepal Law Campus