What a vicious cycle this is: there can't be elections without normalcy, there can be no normalcy without the king handing over power and the king won't handover power until elections. It is to break this vicious cycle that the parties are agitating. After the king's Pokhara address, I have come to the following conclusions:
1. Elections can't be held under the present circumstances.
2. It can take up to one year to restore things to normal.
3. Voting can't be done in that one year, but preparations for elections can begin.
4. So, the first order of business is to restore things to normal, not to conduct elections.
5. This government isn't capable of returning the situation to normal.
6. To allow the situation to return to normal, all forces must unite.