Recently appointed IGP Ramesh Thakuri has made ten promises:
1. Accountability in the police service will improve.
2. Responsibility will be matched to experience and ability.
3. Corruption in the police force will end.
4. Activities of all personnel will be recorded.
5. There will be no political interference in police promotions.
6. Let the politicians deal with politics, we will deal with criminals.
7. I don't believe that empty streets mean the security system is good.
8. The investigation bureau will break the criminal networks.
9. A system of rewards and punishment will be implemented.
10. The metropolitan police will live up to its name with the work it does.